Join Youth Homes Auxiliary’s dedicated volunteers who help provide safe homes for severely traumatized youth.
Each new resident is greeted with a sturdy laundry basket that contains a new set of towels and a gift card to Ross, along with other needed items.
Help us shop for items that the House Staff thinks residents would like, as a motivation for good behavior. This new committee will be formed in 2016.
Two liaisons will be established with each of the houses, and After Care and the FFA families, in order to have members’ eyes on the needs that staff might otherwise hesitate to request funding for.
Love to bake? Provide cookies for the holidays, our Celebration of Hope ceremony, and to reward achievements in the lives of these needy young people throughout the year.
Fundraisers and Events
• Fundraising Events: throughout the year, the Youth Homes Auxiliary hosts events such as Gift Wrapping at Barnes & Noble, Monte Carlo Night at the Rossmoor Event Center, and Pecan Sales at Rossmoor Bazaar. Help us plan and execute these events while having fun!
• Celebration of Hope: the highlight of our year which brings together Auxiliary members, Agency staff and Youth Homes’ residents to enjoy our accomplishments over the past year.
Located at 15B Vivian Drive in Pleasant Hill, the upscale Youth Homes Thrift Shop is managed and operated solely by volunteers. Hours of operation are Mondays 1-4pm, and Tuesday-Saturday from 10am-4pm. Volunteers work three-hour shifts as many or as few days as they choose. Positions available are cashiers, back-room workers or front-room workers. One does not have to be a member of a chapter to work at the Thrift Shop, although chapter membership is encouraged. Training is provided.
Benefits for Volunteers
Whether it’s working at the Thrift Shop, helping out with our Fundraisers, or providing assistance to our kids, the Youth Homes Auxiliary has something for you!
• Make new friends
• Make a difference in the lives of foster children
• Learn new skills and have fun
• Use your talents to make the Auxiliary a success
• Gain recognition for your efforts.
What Kind of Skills Do We Seek?
• Retail experience
• Computer/internet skills
• Bookkeeping/accounting skills
• Organizational skills
• Fundraising experience
• A belief that when a family fails a child, the community must come to the rescue